Monday, July 15, 2013

Round Thirteen: Why I Fight

By mid to late July, the Monster had a tight grip on Daddy. I watched as the Monster left him bedridden and helpless. He could no longer eat solid food and could barely drink water without choking. His only nutrition was from Boost drinks. The Monster had taken from him everything you and I take for granted on a daily basis. Simple things we do without much thought:EatingSwallowingDrinkingWalkingTalkingBrushing your teethWashing yout hairScratching an itchRepositioning yourselfUsing a phone or remoteGiving a hugPetting a dog or catDrivingFishingPlaying a gameAnd finally, it will rob you of the ability to breathe.A slow suffocation.  I watched in horror as the Monster took my hero and left him relying on me and the nurses for every little thing. I wish the Monster was visable, because I'd love nothing more than to punch it in the face! Since it is not possible to actually punch it in the face, awareness is my punch. Awareness in the hopes that it will aid funding. Funding that can go to scientists,  scientists that can find a cure! This fight is personal! The Monster took my hero... I want to destroy it's exsistance! In the words of Team Gleason,  #nowhiteflags ! I will not give up on this... because if I can keep just one daughter from losing HER hero like I lost mine- that's worth it to me!Please help spread the word. Pass this along. Awareness is key. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment